Friday 31 March 2017

I Am Sufficiently Whelmed By The 'Destiny 2' Trailer

The Destiny 2 Trailer

After weekly filled with leaking, Success 2 is lastly formally declared, thanks to intro paper prints, a intro movie trailer, and now a “full” movie movie trailer which was just launched a few time ago.

There are a thousand requires on the world wide web about it, but this one is mine: It’s excellent.

I mean, I’m not deflated, I’m not confused, I’m just whelmed.

I kind of like the spot’s understanding of breaking these two motivational presentations between a conventional one from Zavala and a less impressive one from Cayde-6, though in exercise it’s a bit odd. I was thinking we kind of got the crazy Cayde humor with the (decently lengthy) intro movie trailer a few times ago, so I wasn’t anticipating them to try out that cards again in this, the huge expose. Provided, the overall tone is being drawn all over the position on objective, as that’s the assumption of the area, but I don’t know how I experience it, and I think I was anticipating to some actual game perform video rather than another movie. I mean, I don’t think that’s too much to ask with less than 6 several weeks to go until launch.

Instead we really didn’t see anything we didn’t already know, the Cabal are fighting the town and destroying everything. Zavala is firm and serious, Cayde is a jokester. Perhaps we discovered the name of our new Big Bad, Gaal (Gaul?), a Cabal innovator.

I think it is kind of unusual to crack it all walls for a excellent section of a clip for making it obvious that everyone’s containers complete of factors were gone, but as Cayde informs us “there will be plenty of recover the cash.” It was less of a simple nod and more of a clown on a unicycle kind of laugh. I mean I know that aspect of the key purpose why the Last City is dropping is to provide Parents a fresh standing, but it experienced more unusual than “hilarious” for the first actual movie trailer we see for the activity to invest a while punctuation that out. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me.


I am completely aboard with Cayde basically being the frontman for Success continuing to move ahead. I think Bungie discovered that was a sensible decision after The Taken Master, but with that said, Cayde needs some back-up. Not to say that the other speech stars aren’t doing a excellent job in their specific positions, but of the figures in the activity, Cayde is the only crazy one, with everyone else enjoying a directly man. The only other personality I think is truly crazy is Eris, though I don’t think she began being published that way. If Bungie wants to go for more of a Parents of the Universe experience, I don’t actually have a issue with that, but they’re still far from actually creating that perform well.

My wish for Success 2 is that we won’t just see cinematics with these figures breaking sensible and eliminating factors. I want to go on a objective with Cayde, not just have him in my ear. I want to discover Zavala on patrol out in the crazy and have him provide me a pursuit there. And I would certainly not thoughts if my own Guardian(s) had more individualities of their own throughout all this. A activity cannot really do depiction all that well when every NPC is trapped in the same location for 36 months, and your personality is almost completely silence.

I don’t know, Perhaps I don’t have that much more to say because there seriously isn’t all that much to go on with this movie. We know a launch period of time, try out schedules and the truth that the activity is now on PC as well, but other than the common assumption of a Cabal intrusion, 5.5 several weeks out, there’s not a ton to go off of. I think that’s for now, and Bungie will begin their limitless celebration of livestream shows gradually, but for now, really, I’m whelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

Comments System

Disqus Shortname